Do you ever find yourself wondering why do things always happen to me, or feel like you don’t have much control over what happens to you in your life?
While life is always unpredictable, we can empower ourselves to face it with confidence and one of the best ways to take ownership over your life is by setting intentions. Here, we’ll look at the difference between intentions and goals, outline a manifesting exercise, and cover how to manifest your intentions.
What Are the Different Types of Intent?
When it comes to manifesting your intentions, we classify and see them having two fundamental focuses and purposes: Helping or Seeking.
Helping is when you project to influence others
Seeking is when you attract for yourself or others
What Is the Difference Between Intentions and Goals?
People often assume goals and intentions are the same things!
While they do share some similarities, goals and intentions are uniquely different. Intentions are all about shifting from a mentality of “life happens to you” to “I am confident I can handle the challenges life throws my way”.
Setting intentions focuses on being in the moment, empowering yourself, and working toward your goals. It can be helpful to distinguish them this way:
- Intentions are about being
- Goals focus on doing
How to Use Smudging, Candles, Crystals and Singing Bowls to Manifest Your Intent
To help you harness the power of manifesting your intentions and connecting with yourself, we’ve put together a detailed routine to get you started.
- Fill a bowl with 1 litre of water and cover with glad wrap
- Allow the bowl of water to sit overnight under the moon for the next day
- Prepare a quiet place (feel free to play background music if desired)
- Prepare an altar or offering (incense, smudge, candles, crystals, singing bowl)
- Take a glass of water from the bowl and place it where you will be (keep remainder)
- Think clearly about your intent (be sure to distinguish if it is helping or seeking intent)
- Sit and relax by taking 3 long, slow breaths (in through the nose and out through the mouth
- Drink the glass of water
- Hold your crystals (if applicable) and think of your intent for 30 seconds before placing the crystals down or touching your skin if they are a part of your manifesting exercise
- Light your choice of incense, smudge, or candles to burn during the exercise
- Play singing bowl (if applicable) at the opening and wait for the sound to dissipate
- Start Music (if desired)
- Sit in the moment and take 3 more long, slow breaths
3. Manifest or Project Your Intent
- Close your eyes and sit for a few minutes, allowing your mind to drift
- Once your mind and body are relaxed, try to imagine being immersed in or surrounded by what you want, taking care to keep that image in your mind
- Say your intent aloud or in your mind (examples: I have …, I am …, My next ??? is …, I will be … anything that represents you having, being or achieving your intent. Avoid using words that are vague or indecisive, such as “would like”, “some time”, “in the future”, “from now on”, they are not definitive
- Repeat or expand on your thoughts and intentions and see them happening in your mind
- When you are satisfied and confident in your intent coming to fruition, you can begin the steps to close the exercise
4. Close the Ceremony
- Be present in the moment and take 3 more long, slow breaths
- Play singing bowl (if applicable) and wait for the sound to dissipate
- Slowly open your eyes and adjust to the present moment
- Extinguish your burning incense, smudge, or candles, ensuring they are in a safe place and clear of any potential fire or risk of harm to others or pets so they may burn out on their own
- Stop the music
- Sit in the moment and take 3 more long slow breaths
- Arise and continue with your day
How To Set Intentions
One of the wonderful advantages of setting intentions is that they can be done by anyone, anytime. There is no need to overcomplicate the process or overthink it.
Enter into the process of setting intentions with grace, zero judgment, and an open mind. Here are some tips for setting and manifesting your intentions.
1. Identify Your Desire
First, identify exactly what you desire. It can be tangible (a new house or car) or an achievement (a promotion or new job) or an attitude or emotional shift (being more present).
2. Get Connected to Yourself
Remember, the focus of intentions is all about ‘being’. Take a look at what attributes and attitudes will help you achieve your goals.
Try journaling about specific qualities that will advance you toward your goals. For instance, if you want to achieve a promotion at work, your intentions may be:
- I intend to focus on productivity and make it my priority
- I intend to start trusting that I am strong, successful, and capable
- I intend to advance by continuing to grow and learn as an individual
3. Decide How To Take Action
Intentions can be somewhat vague or mean different things to different people, making it important to specify your action steps.
Decide the steps you need to take to follow through and fulfil your intention. If your intent is to “get healthier”, pinpoint the steps you need to make it a reality (i.e. I will start taking a walk on my lunch breaks, I will work out 3 times a week, I will eliminate processed foods from my pantry, I will try one new healthy recipe a week, etc.).
4. Shut Out Limiting or Negative Beliefs
A common roadblock when it comes to setting intentions is a lack of belief or negativity. To help you genuinely believe your intentions will manifest, look for evidence that supports that possibility.
For instance, if you are looking to meet the love of your life, look for all the areas of love already exists in your life. Whether it is a relationship with a family member, close friend, or a pet, these loving connections prove that you are capable of giving and receiving love.
5. Be Flexible
Intentions change and evolve with time, just like we do. Allow yourself to adjust your intentions as needed and approach your intentions with grace, not control.
Do You Want to Learn More About Manifesting and Setting Intentions?
Would you like to learn more about manifesting and setting intentions? We specialise in teaching others to enrich their lives and invite positive, beneficial energy into their space.
Helping our customers add brightness and empowerment to their lives is what drives us to continue sourcing and offering the best smudging incense, candles, and lifestyle products to uplift the soul.
Contact our caring, dedicated team today with any questions or for customised product recommendations.